THANKS-LIVING part 1 of 2 by Keith Cook
For the next two days I want to lead you in a time of thanks to God. Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your time with your friends and family. God is with you.
1. THANK GOD BY GIVING HIM CREDIT FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE - "Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people." (1 Chronicles 16:8)
Pride leads to claiming credit for things we have not done or earned. Let Jesus have the glory in all that He has done for you. He has given life, health, security, provisions, peace.
2. THANK GOD IN SONG - "And they sang together by course in praising and giving thanks unto the LORD; because he is good, for his mercy endureth for ever toward Israel. And all the people shouted with a great shout, when they praised the LORD, because the foundation of the house of the LORD was laid." (Ezra 3:11)
A cheerful heart is a blessing. Downcast and bitter lives bring defeat and sorrow. Praise and honor your Christ by your words, expressions, and even with a joyful song.
3. THANK GOD IN THE MARKETPLACE - "Therefore I will give thanks to you, O LORD, among the nations, and I will sing praises to your name." (2 Samuel 22:50)
Give Him Credit for success and favor. The unbeliever or even the back-slider that you work with needs to be reminded that God gives and God takes away. They need your positive expression of your faith and your constant admission and reminder that Jesus is directing your life. You are the best advertisement that most of your peers will ever see for a real Christian. Reflect all of Him.
4. THANK GOD UNTIL THE END - "To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever." (Psalms 30:12)
Never stop thanking God. Thank Him all through your life, not just when you are having success. Thank Him in every way, every day.
5. THANK GOD BY CELEBRATING COMMUNITY WITH OTHER BELIEVERS - "I will give thee thanks in the great congregation: I will praise thee among much people." (Psalms 35:18)
Going to church and to Christian events helps you grow in Christ. You also help the faithful by your presence. You may inspire many people, both young and old. Do not give in to the temptation to go it alone. We are called to work and worship with others. It honors God when we do.
6. THANK GOD BY SHARING WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR YOU - "O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people." (Psalms 105:1)
Make sure you ask God for the desires and needs of your life. Do not be afraid to talk with Him about every area of your life. Let Him in on the small things. Do not be afraid of letting others know how good following Jesus really is. God wants to work on your behalf.
7. THANK GOD FOR HIS GOODNESS AND MERCY - "Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever." (Psalms 106:1)
God's hand of mercy is on us all the days of our lives. Thank Him for sparing you from danger and directing your steps. He has been good to you. Do not forget all that He does for you. The air you breathe and skills you have been given are all from God.
8. THANK GOD FROM HOLINESS - "Surely the righteous shall give thanks unto thy name: the upright shall dwell in thy presence." (Psalms 140:13)
In order to really thank God you have to be living for Him in your public and private life. Live Holy and you will have much to thank God for. Live for self and in sin and you will forfeit most of your benefits in Christ.
9. THANK HIM EVEN WHEN IT MAY COST YOU - "Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime." (Daniel 6:10)
There are going to be times when your desire to serve and praise God will cost you. Even if serving God is politically or socially incorrect the command has been given to thank Him. Daniel knew the secret of thanking God in the midst of hard situations. He did not stop praising God even though the law said it was illegal.
10. THANK HIM WHEN YOU NEED A MIRACLE FOR WHAT YOU HAVE IN YOUR HAND - "And he took the seven loaves and the fishes, and gave thanks, and brake them, and gave to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude." (Matthew 15:36)
When you need God to come through for you make sure you look for the things He has given you. God often makes you be a part of the answer to your prayer. Your joy and thankfulness will be great when God allows you to see His mighty hand work through you.
11. THANK GOD FOR HIS VICTORY IN JESUS - "But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 15:57)
When you and Jesus show up in a situation you win. God will lead you in the victory you need over every situation. Thank Him for victory over sins, habits, situations, and needs. God has won, in Christ, a mighty victory. Positive thinking nor material prosperity have anything to do with victory. Victory comes from living in His victory all the time.
Daily Prayer Focus: Thank God for all He has given you today.
On The Go Prayer Focus: The Finances of the Team as they boldly go out for Jesus Christ. Pray that all their needs will be met at home and for the projects they are working on.
Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On The Go Daily Devotion for November 25, 2020
Brought to you each day by On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Copyright (c) 2002, 2020 On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.
On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, email@example.com
Send E-zine questions or comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .
After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.