Sunday, March 7, 2010

Daddy, You Do It! by Shad Williams

On The Go Daily Devotion for March 7, 2010
Brought to you each day by
Keith Cook Evangelistic Association / On The Go

Daddy, You Do It! by Shad Williams

"Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matthew 18:18-20

As I have met with the Lord this morning, He has reminded me of something. I woke up today, very early as usual, with many things on my mind - schedule, finances, team, etc. I got my coffee and then went into the study and sat down in my rocker where I sit and talk to Jesus in the early hours. As I sat there, God brought to my mind an incident that happened over 30 years ago.

In 1972 Sheila and I were living in Jackson, Tennessee and were attending Union University. Our son, Michael, was almost three years old. As I was sitting in the living room in a rocker, he was playing with a puzzle on the floor in front of me. It was a puzzle with large wooden pieces. He struggled and struggled with the pieces, and then he did a very wise thing for a three year old. He piled all the pieces on the board, stood up, and laid the whole thing in my lap. Then he said, "Here, Daddy, YOU Do It!"

When that little boy did that, God spoke to me in a powerful way and told me that I can do the same thing. I have been laying the puzzles in His lap ever since. But, occasionally, I fall under the delusion that I might just be able to work one puzzle on my own. Wrong Answer! This morning I have piled the pieces on the board and laid them in the Father's lap and I am trusting "Daddy" to do it. I cannot work the puzzle of scheduling, or finances, or team needs, or parental care, or anything else, but I know that my "Daddy" can.

Do you have a puzzle you are struggling with this morning, or even this week? May I suggest that, whatever it is, write the thing or things on a piece of paper, get on your knees in a private place, literally hold that paper up to the Lord, and cry out loud, "Here 'Daddy' YOU Do It!" You and your spouse may want to do it together, or you and your associate - as an act of agreeing in prayer concerning the matter. Regardless of who you are with or not with - DO IT. Do not spend one more useless moment in struggle, in the delusion of self-sufficiency - give it to God. Then put the paper (your puzzle) in your Bible, DayTimer, mirror, or whatever you choose, and when God works it, write it down.

Remember the ABC Prayer - Lord, I ADMIT I cannot run my Life, but I BELIEVE in You (Your presence, power, provision and protection), and I CHOOSE Your will for my life today, even though I may not yet know what it is.

God bless you all - and if you have any puzzles you want me to pray with you about, just let me know. I am sitting in front of His rocker every morning.

(This devotion was written by fellow evangelist and dear friend, Shad Williams. Thanks Shad for sharing with us a piece of the puzzle of your life. I'm sure that this devotion has been a blessing to your heart today. If so, please email us at the address below so that we can rejoice with you as you walk victoriously in your Christian walk!)

Daily Prayer Focus: Hold up the Pieces of the Puzzle of your life, cry out to God, "Daddy, You Do It".

On The Go Prayer Focus: Keith Cook as he ministers in Memphis, Tennessee this weekend at Balmoral Baptist Church. Pray for Keith that God will give him Holy Boldness as he shares from His heart the Good News of Jesus Christ.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

Copyright (c) 2004, 2010 Keith Cook - On The Go
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries, Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
Founder/Director - Keith Cook, keithcook@onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this
"On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own
subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at
http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.