Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Gideon Bible by Keith Cook

On The Go Daily Devotion for September 15, 2010
Brought to you each day by
Keith Cook Evangelistic Association / On The Go

Gideon Bible by Keith Cook

"Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold. For wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her." Proverbs 8:10,11

When I first became a Christian I knew nothing about the things of God. I had not been taught about the Bible or Jesus Christ. That is not to say I did not have respect for the church or the Bible, I just did not know very much about spiritual matters.

After being a Christian for only a few weeks I knew I had to get to know Jesus in a more powerful way. I noticed that all the people at church carried Bibles, so I decided to get a Bible and see what was in it.

I can still vividly remember riding my ten speed bike out into the country and sitting down with my little red Gideon New Testament and reading the Bible for the first time. It was such fun and exciting. As often as I could I would take my trek out into the country and sit on a beautiful hillside under a shade tree and read the Word.

The more I read about God the more I was sure I had made the right decision to surrender my life to Him and become a Christian. It was during one of my times alone with God that I began to see how sin robs us of our witness for Christ and hurts our relationship with God. The Holy Spirit used these early times in the Word to get me on track for Christ.

What about you? Have you a steady and sincere desire to get into God's Word and hear from Him? You can. His desire to meet with you and share with you His will is well documented in the Bible. You can get to know God without going to Bible School or Seminary. You can even understand the Bible without being very studious. You can start small and work your way up to more scholarly status. You can read the Bible through in one year if you simply read the Bible each day for only 15 minutes! Is getting to know God worth all the effort? Yes it is! Take it from me, I've had much more joy and excitement and peace because of my time with Jesus.

Daily Prayer Focus: Pray for time to be with God and see Him fresh and new in His Word.

On The Go Prayer Focus: Keith Cook¹s Hands-On-Training Events. This is our Outreach Training School on the road. Keith and the On The Go Team share all across the USA and Worldwide in fun and creative ways that people can serve Jesus and make an impact in this generation! This week Keith and the team are ministering in Juba, Sudan. Pray that God will challenge the hearts of Church Leaders and believers to whom they will be ministering to that they might see the need for greater involvement in evangelism.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

Copyright (c) 2002, 2010 Keith Cook - On The Go
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries, Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
Founder/Director - Keith Cook, keithcook@onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
You are subscribed as ##L@##H.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dailydevotions-unsubscribe@onthego.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dailydevotions-help@onthego.org