Friday, January 28, 2011

Get Out In Space by Keith Cook

On The Go Daily Devotion for January 28, 2011
Brought to you each day by
Keith Cook Evangelistic Association / On The Go

Get Out In Space by Keith Cook

"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." John 8:32

The next time you read the Bible I think God wants you to get out of this world and get out in space. Let me explain.

When I was just getting started in my Christian life, my pastor wanted to help me study the Bible and actually get something out of my time with Jesus in the Word. He shared with me a little acrostic using the word SPACE. It stands for: SIN, PROMISE, ATTITUDE, COMMAND, EXAMPLE.

If you use this simple outline when you read the Bible it will really help you stay on focus and apply what you are reading to your everyday life. As you read, ask yourself the following questions:

As I have read the Word have I discovered a Sin in my life that I need to confess?

As I have read the Word have I discovered a Promise that I need to claim?

As I have read the Word have I discovered an Attitude that I need to change?

As I have read the Word have I discovered a Command I need to obey?

As I have read the Word have I discovered an Example I need to follow?

Getting into the Word of God should be a cosmic experience!

Daily Prayer Focus: Pray that you can get out of this world and enter His realm today.

On The Go Prayer Focus: The Interns who faithfully come to On The Go each year to work for Christ and learn how to do ministry that matters for the kingdom of God.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

Copyright (c) 2003, 2011 Keith Cook - On The Go
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries, Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
Founder/Director - Keith Cook, keithcook@onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
You are subscribed as ##L@##H.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dailydevotions-unsubscribe@onthego.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dailydevotions-help@onthego.org