Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Why We Do What We Do by Keith Cook

On The Go Daily Devotion for APRIL 5, 2011
Brought to you each day by
Keith Cook Evangelistic Association / On The Go

Why We Do What We Do by Keith Cook

"For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father's house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?" Esther 4:14

Recently I traveled all the way across the country to help a local church with a Sunday service. Usually I am preaching and sharing with lost people on a street corner, market place, beach, or in an arena overseas. I felt in my heart that God was calling me to go, and that this was a divine appointment. God called me into evangelism at the age of 15, and I am constantly seeking opportunities to share His Word and train others so that they might impact their generation for Christ. As I traveled across country, my heart's prayer was that God would give me the exact word that this congregation needed to hear.

The services went great. I shared in all of the three Sunday morning services and led a special service on Sunday night. I told the congregation how much it touched my heart for them to allow me to minister to them in such a personal way.

Upon returning home their pastor sent me the following email that he had received. (This is an edited version to protect the tenderness and identity of the individual.)

Dear Pastor,

First let me start by saying that I have never really connected with any church I've ever attended. I woke up one Sunday morning and thought I'd check out what services were on the television, something I've never done before. After watching your program for only five minutes, I was convinced I had to come to one of your services.

Upon arriving I felt a feeling I don't think I can really put into words, but it was a good feeling... better yet it was one of the best feeling I'd had in recent memory! I was never one to sing in church, and even though sometimes the sermons were insightful and well thought out, I never really felt "moved by the Holy Spirit" like I'd heard so many people talk about. The moment the music started and the singing began, without being aware of it, I started the best ride of my life.

You had a guest speaker that Sunday, Keith Cook. From the moment he started talking it was like he was speaking directly to me. He spoke about things that I had been going through in my personal life like someone had written them down and asked him to speak directly to me.

Then in the midst of all of this, you sang a song that seemed like it had been written just for me. For the first time in my life, as he said the closing prayer, I wept with joy because I finally felt what it truly meant to be "moved by the Holy Spirit!"

My wife and I separated back in January. Since that time I haven't cried any tears that weren't filled with pain and depression, and haven't had any hope about what the future held for me. I now not only have hope in my life, but I also have a direction and a purpose. I know that through God all things are possible and only through serving Him and giving up my will, will I ever have the happiness and joy that He intended me to have.

You and your church mean more to me than words could ever do justice. I thank you for allowing Him to use you as such a powerful servant.

(My pastor friend was blessed as was I with this great word.)

Today as you do what you do and live where you live, remember that God can use you in every situation you find yourself in. God sent me on a five hour plane journey to connect with a man in need. He prepared a spirit filled church to receive him, and He used a progressive television ministry to get his attention. God is so good. Let Him use you today. Remember, "all things work together for good" if we do what we should to be all He wants us to be and we remain faithful to the tasks He gives us to do.

Daily Prayer Focus: Pray that your heart will be prepared to minister to those who God brings across your path today.

On The Go Prayer Focus: Joan Cook's "Women On The Go" Ministries. Joan's "Women On The Go" programs are implemented at women's conferences, local churches, retreats, and separate stand-alone events. God has given her a burden to minister to and encourage women in their walk with the Lord. Pray for Joan as she ministers and shares from her heart and as she presents motivational, evangelistic programs, materials, and leadership to and for women that will challenge and motivate them to a deeper walk with the Lord.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

Copyright (c) 2004, 2011 Keith Cook - On The Go
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries, Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
Founder/Director - Keith Cook, keithcook@onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

---------------------------------------------------------------------
You are subscribed as ##L@##H.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dailydevotions-unsubscribe@onthego.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dailydevotions-help@onthego.org