Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Way Out of No Way Out

On The Go Daily Devotion for July 17, 2011
Brought to you each day by
Keith Cook Evangelistic Association / On The Go

A Way Out of No Way Out by Jimmy Bates

"Do not fear! Stand by and see the salvation of the Lord which He will accomplish for you today... The Lord will fight for you while you keep silent." Exodus 14:13-14

Have you ever been in a situation where you felt there is no way out? Have you ever felt that if something didn't change in your present circumstances then your future would be in doubt? I am reminded of a trip I took to Kenya a few years ago when the devil tried to convince me that I was in a no way out situation. I had been in prayer about this project and had gotten a word of direction from God that I was supposed to go. My finances were real tight and the cost of the project was a considerable amount.

I knew for certain that God had told me to go and the devil didn't want me to. The devil tried to distract me by tempting me to panic and focus on my finances. God wanted me to focus on His promises and obeying him and to trust Him. The project money all came in and I even had a few dollars more than I actually needed.

Dear friend, just like in this scripture, the devil tried to get me to focus on my present circumstances and think I was in a no way out situation. God will accomplish His promise to you and He wants you not to focus on what your eyes see or what the devil tries to tell you.

Moses told the children of Israel:

Don't Fear - Fear can paralyze you to a point where you're afraid to go forward. This kind of fear traps you into believing the situation is hopeless. Just like the children of Israel the devil tried to get me focused on what I could see. God tells us not to fear because He will accomplish His promise of making a way out of what we may believe is a no way out situation. God is more than able to part the Red Sea of your situation.

Stand - The Hebrew word in this scripture means to literally stand with firmness and confidence and not to be troubled. The devil would try to disturb our confidence and to get us to the point of panic. God was reminding me as He led me to this passage that He had given me the call to go Kenya and to rely on His provision. Dear friend, when we have prayed through the situation we can stand with confidence and know that God's deliverance is always moving forward into the direction of promise and destiny.

Keep Silent - The Hebrew word for silent in this scripture means to hold your peace and remain at rest. It basically means to shut up and do not panic. When we think we are in a no way out situation we literally can talk ourselves into believing the situation is hopeless. The devil tried to get me to openly confess with my mouth that what God gave me as a promise of direction to go to Kenya was really a no way situation. God said remain at rest, be still and listen to My voice, confess My promise, and set out in the direction of your destiny. As a good friend of mine said, God is never too late with too little. He is always on time with what you need.

Daily Prayer Focus: Pray for those caught in bad situations that God will show them what to do.

On The Go Prayer Focus: The GoTeam Short Term Missions Projects and GoTeam Members. GoTeams are made up of young people and adults who voluntarily go on an On The Go mission project around the world and are making a strategic impact for Christ.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

Copyright (c) 2003, 2011 Keith Cook - On The Go
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries, Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
Founder/Director - Keith Cook, keithcook@onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.