Sunday, September 8, 2013

God Answers Prayers

God Answers Prayers by Joan Cook

"So God heard their groaning...and took notice of them" Exodus 2:24, 25

Recently, I made a telephone call to Jamaica to speak with a pastor friend of ours. His name is Pastor Leroy Blackwood and he is the pastor of two churches in Jamaica. They are both fairly small in number, but big in spirit. We have had the privilege to work with Pastor Blackwood for a several years and we have seen first hand his love, dedication, and commitment to the Lord and His work on the island.

Because Pastor Blackwood has chosen to give his life to full time ministry as the pastor of two small congregations, he receives a very small salary most weeks, if anything at all. While speaking with me recently, he told me that things were very tight financially and he was trusting God to supply enough money week by week for things like electricity and water at both churches and money for gasoline as he traveled back and forth.

Several days past and our office received a check in the mail for $266.00 from a church who had been on our mission trip with On The Go to Jamaica. The youth had gotten this money together and wanted us to send it to Pastor Blackwood. I immediately called the pastor and told him I would be federal expressing him a check for $266.00 and he should receive it the next day. Pastor Blackwood then told me that the Lord had led him to fast and pray for three days for this need. He said, "Sister Joan, I did not know how God was going to supply this need for my churches, but I was confident that He would do it and I felt like God was telling me to fast and pray for this need to be met." Wow, my heart rejoices as we see God's hand specifically at work as we pray for specific needs!

It never surprises me that God comes through when we need Him to, but sometimes it does surprise me at just how He does it. Pastor Blackwood and I serve the same God! Like all of us, we can approach His throne boldly and confidently knowing that He hears our prayers and has our best interest at heart. Sometimes it may mean that we need to fast and earnestly seek His face. Other times it may mean that we need to let our need be known. Every time and every situation is different, but God is always the same. He will remain faithful and true and He will continue working on our behalf!

I am so very glad that I serve a God that is alive and hears me when I call on Him!

Daily Prayer Focus: Thank Him today for hearing us, caring for us, and working on your behalf!

On The Go Prayer Focus: On The Go's "Adopt An Evangelist" program. This program provides funding and support for various missions and evangelists around the world.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotional for September 8, 2013
Brought to you each day by On The Go / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2002, 2013 On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Brought to you each day by On The Go / Keith Cook Team

On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.