Sunday, August 17, 2014

Get On The Treadmill And Run

Get On The Treadmill And Run by Keith Cook

"but I buffet my body and make it my slave" I Corinthians 9:27

A few years ago, upon returning from a crusade, I found a rather large gift waiting for me in my basement. My wife, Joan, had gone out and bought me a treadmill. I was so excited. I had seen one earlier and had wanted it so bad. I just hated to spend money on myself, but my wife loves to bless people. So I gladly received a marvelous gift.

As I looked at the treadmill with all its gadgets, bells, and whistles, I started to laugh out loud. I had no more excuses for not running everyday to stay in shape. As I looked at my gift it changed from a gift to one big challenge. It is a fancy machine. It could have been a less spectacular machine but the bottom line was this machine was going to require me to actually get on it and work. No excuses, no putting it off because of weather. No more, "tomorrow I will!"

My workout started as a challenge but now is a joy. When I was younger I ran everyday. I had the time to run all over town and I did just that. I would run from my campus apartment all the way over to Joan's house to see her and then run back, usually at midnight. It was such fun to run and think. To run and sing. To run and look!

Right now God would have all of us revisit some old Godly habits we once had. Have our devotions been consistent? Are we studying the Word of God and spending time in prayer like we once did? Are we still getting up early on Sunday and hurrying to church to hear a fresh word from God? When was the last time we casually and excitedly shared with someone about how good Jesus really is?

Wow, those disciplines of God are still needed in our lives. Jump back on the treadmill and start fresh and new every morning. While you are at it take care of the temple God has given you. We want you around as long as possible.

Daily prayer focus: Pray for strength to do all the disciplines that God has for you to do for Him.

On The Go Prayer Focus: On The Go's Outreach Training Schools (OTS). In our OTS, young people and adults are trained to go to the next level in their service to God. Pray for On The Go as we train believers to make a difference in their generation.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for August 17, 2014
Brought to you each day by On The Go / Keith Cook

Copyright (c) 2002, 2014 On The Go / Keith Cook
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go / Keith Cook
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.