Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Livingstonian Faith

Livingstonian Faith by Keith Cook

"without faith it is impossible to please God" Hebrews 11:6

Directing a ministry that reaches out around the world can be a daunting task. Everyday you have to make decisions that affect the very souls of men. The world, the Devil, and even human intellect are constantly bombarding you with negative, critical, and faithless fears and accusations.

Daily, and oftentimes moment by moment, you hear the following questions flowing through your mind and heart:

"Are you hearing from God?  Did God really say...?"

"Are you sure...? Prove it! Explain it!"

"How can we do...? Is it in the Budget? Do you have the money?"

The questions and the opportunities to turn back and shrink back into nothingness are always gnawing at your hearts gate.

Recently while I was battling my emotions and during a tense time of spiritual warfare my wife Joan asked me to find a quote for her by David Livingston. David was a pioneer missionary to Africa. I searched and searched the internet and my library but was unable to find anything she needed, but God used my study and research time to inspire me to have "Livingstonian Faith".

As I read quote after quote attributed to this missionary statesman my heart was challenged and encouraged all at the same time. David Livingston had the following to say about faith and trusting God.

"Lord, send me anywhere, only go with me. Lay any burden on me, only sustain me. Sever any tie but the tie that binds me to Thyself."

"The end of the exploration is the beginning of missionary enterprise."  

"I will go anywhere, provided it is forward."

"Fear God and work hard."

"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess except in relation to the kingdom of Christ."

"I determined never to stop until I had come to the end and achieved my purpose."

"Nothing earthly will make me give up my work in despair."

"Do not think me mad. It is not to make money that I believe a Christian should live. The noblest thing a man can do is, just humbly to receive, and then go amongst others and give."

"Without Christ, not one step; with Him, anywhere!"

What a great legacy of faith and trust in God. We should all be challenged to live with this same kind of faith and commitment to Christ. I want to challenge you, as I was challenged, to live with "Livingstonian Faith"

Daily Prayer: Pray that God will truly give you "Livingstonian Faith," a faith that looks beyond the present and sees the hand of God.

On The Go Prayer Focus: Keith Cook Crusades, Celebrations, and Festivals. God has given Keith the opportunity and privilege of sharing the message of Christ both stateside and internationally. During each opportunity, Keith presents a joyful and enthusiastic, yet powerful and clear presentation of the Gospel and a call to commitment to Christ.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotional for October 1, 2014
Brought to you each day by On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2004, 2014 On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.