Monday, March 2, 2015

What I Wouldn't Give

What I Wouldn't Give by Keith Cook and Steve Chapman

"Has not the LORD made them one? In flesh and spirit they are his. And why one? Because he was seeking godly offspring. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith with the wife of your youth." Malachi 2:15

Recently my good friend Steve Chapman wrote a heart searching song about Faithfulness in Marriage. Each time I listen to the words, tears stream down my cheeks as the lyrics dance on my mind. The ballad tells the story of a man looking at another woman and thinking about what he would not give in order to be with her.

"So What I wouldn't give for her, let me say it again...

My wife,
Her smile,
Our memories,
The miles,
Our children,
Their trust,
And everything that God has given us!
That's what I wouldn't give - for her!"

As you travel life's highway, there are many temptations that you will face. Temptations of pride, sex, finances, fame, position, etc...The Devil knows just where you are weakest and most vulnerable.

When I was a younger man it seemed that every crusade ended with various temptations awaiting the team and myself around every corner. Our staff had to set high standards for each other. We never traveled alone or met alone with someone of the opposite sex. We never took up offerings ourselves. We tried to set a moral track to run on and keep us on course.

Now that I am older the temptations have changed. I thought that it would be easier as I grew older to identify and not be tempted by the dangers of the world. Instead, the temptations are even greater. What we watch, listen to, read, entertain, sing, and focus on can ensnare us. Any hobby, idle task, or activity can become the Devil's workshop.

What I wouldn't give for sin let me say it again...

My loving wife, faithful son, loyal team, wonderful friends, great God!

With the Holy Spirit's help, and by walking in the revealed will of God for my every action, I know I can win! So can you. Look around at the built-in security nets the Lord has given you. Instead of feeling the pressure of living by God's laws, rest in confidence that God is protecting you and providing you with the way out of all the snares of the Devil.

Daily Prayer Focus: Today, Claim Victory over the Devil's snares. Pray that you will walk faithfully and remain true to the Lord, and all that He has entrusted to you.

On The Go Prayer Focus: The GoTeam Short Term Missions Projects and GoTeam Members. GoTeams are made up of young people and adults who voluntarily go on an On The Go mission project around the world and are making a strategic impact for Christ.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for March 2, 2015   
Brought to you each day by On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2005, 2015 On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.