Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Good Morning God

Good Morning God by Keith Cook

"Early the next morning Abraham got up and returned to the place where he had stood before the LORD." Genesis 19:27

When I was just starting out in ministry I read several books by Norman Grubb. He wrote great mission biographies and books on the faith life. His retelling of the lives of great women and men of God inspired me and motivated me to trust God and daily live by faith.

Down through the years he and I talked on the phone and through letters about deep theological matters. He really was a transparent and very spiritual man. I miss him - but his legacy lives on in what he taught me about Christ. I want to pass on some of his insight and wisdom today.

Mr. Grubb had a practice of reciting a simple prayer every morning and he said it changed the way he lived his life. It also changed my life when I first heard it and started praying it myself.

Here is the prayer:

Good Morning God.

What are you up to today?

I want to be a part of it.

May I?

Thank you!

Now I am sure you know why his life and insights inspired me so. Today I think it would be wise and prudent for all of us to pray this simple prayer ourselves. Why not begin to include this simple prayer in your devotional times with God. Of course you can alter it or add to it, but this is a good place to start focusing in on talking with God about the great and small things in your daily life.

May God richly bless you as you find out what God is up to today and join him!

Daily Prayer Focus: Good Morning God. What are you up to today? I want to be a part of it. May I? Thank you!

On The Go Prayer Focus: Joan Cook's "Women On The Go" Ministries. Joan's "Women On The Go" programs are implemented at women's conferences, local churches, retreats, and separate stand-alone events. God has given her a burden to minister to and encourage women in their walk with the Lord. Pray for Joan as she ministers and shares from her heart and as she presents motivational, evangelistic programs, materials, and leadership to and for women that will challenge and motivate them to a deeper walk with the Lord.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for January 5, 2016
Brought to you each day by On The Go / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2008, 2016 On The Go / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
Founder/Director - Keith Cook, keithcook@onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at  http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.