Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Answered Prayers

Answered Prayers by Keith Cook

"Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him." Matthew 6:8

I found something unique while searching the internet the other day. Take a look:

"Answered Prayers (via the internet)

I asked for strength - and God gave me difficulties to make me strong.

I asked for wisdom - and God gave me problems to learn to solve.

I asked for prosperity - and God gave me brain and brawn to work.

I asked for courage - and God gave me dangers to overcome.

I asked for love - and God gave me troubled people to help.

I asked for favors - and God gave me opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted - I received everything I needed.

My prayers have been answered."

I was stuck by how true this often is. God knows our needs. Hears our prayers. Wants to bless and help us yet we often do not get what we think we need or have what we want to have out of life.

God is not Santa Claus with a big bag of toys for us - but He does have some wonderful gifts for each true believer to receive. These gifts are not necessarily the most culturally appreciated or noticed.  God's most wonderful gift to us is in the area of peace and it comes every time we put all of our hopes, dreams, cares, and life into His omnipotent hands.

His will and answers to prayers are far greater than the cries from our lips or the pains that rise up out of our hearts. His answers are divine. His leadings are sure and secure. His provisions are eternal and just.

Thank God for answered prayers. He really does answer when we call. Sometimes we just forget He is the one in control!

May the love of Christ keep you in the center of God's answers to your prayers. Do not try to run from or avoid His unique replies to your requests. Trust Him and enjoy the blessings of obedience and the fellowship of relationship with God almighty.

Daily Prayer Focus: Praise God for answered prayers.

On The Go Prayer Focus: On The Go's GoCare ministry. This is our acts of kindness and benevolence ministry department. The focus of our GoCare ministry is to reach out to physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of hurting individuals and to build bridges between churches and their communities.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for APRIL 4, 2017
Brought to you each day by On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2008, 2017 On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .