Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Perfect Peace

Perfect Peace by Laurie McTier

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27  

God has used this verse in my life to be a source of encouragement and renewal. At times when I honestly did not feel that peace was even possible, God brought this verse to my memory and He reminded me that He is Source of our strength, the Author and Finisher of our faith, our Comforter, and our Peace.

When I think of these verses my mind immediately races back to 1993. This was a year of great transition and maturity. I had just graduated from nursing school, passed my state board examinations, and was looking to get an apartment of my own. I was working full time in the hospital, and I truly loved my job as I was able to help others in their times of need.

On May 3, 1993, it seemed my whole life came to a screeching halt. I had just finished mowing the yard and was getting ready to go to work when the phone rang. On the other line, my grandfather told me that my dad was in the emergency room and that the family needed to come quick. The news was not good. The doctors found a brain tumor and it was inoperable at that time.

As we drove to the hospital, my mom and my sister and I prayed the entire way. We began praying for God's healing and His grace and understanding of all that was about to occur. In the midst of this crisis, God gave each of us a perfect peace. Peace which I knew could only have come from Him. He assured us that He was right there beside us, He would never leave nor forsake us.

Over the next nine months, our lives completely changed. I was no longer seeking my own personal agendas, but God's will for my life. I began to see each day as a gift from God and an opportunity to serve Him. God brought healing into family relationships and He taught us so many things from His Word. I believe that everyone in my immediate family drew closer to Him, because in the midst of our struggle we had nowhere else to turn. We were driven to our knees as we cried out to Him. Every time we went to God, He gave us new and precious promises from His Word and they each served as great encouragement and strength to endure the road ahead.

As you are reading this devotional thought today, maybe you are going through some of the same struggles as you search for peace, wisdom, and discernment. I encourage you that your Father is just as close as the mention of His name. No matter what valley or crisis experience you are in today, God will not leave you. As His child, He is always right beside you. He promises to go before you and behind you. His grace is sufficient for every need that you have.

My prayer for you today is that God will bring healing and peace to your life. I hope that you will truly come to know God as your Father. He wants you to know that He loves you, and He wants to spend time with you. In every thing give thanks for this is the will of God.  As we spend time giving thanks and sharing with others how He has worked in our lives, our hearts are encouraged and strengthened. No matter what you are struggling with today, God can give you perfect peace, found only as we trust Him, lean on Him, and call upon Him.

Daily Prayer Focus: Praise God for the perfect peace He gives you as you trust Him, lean on Him, and call upon Him.

On The Go Prayer Focus: On The Go's GoCamp ministry that trains believers all over the world how to share their faith.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for September 27, 2017
Brought to you each day by On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2002, 2017 On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.