Saturday, April 28, 2018

Beauty All Around You

Beauty All Around You by Joan Cook

"God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, " Hebrews 1:1-3

Sitting in my brown comfy chair recently, my feet propped up on my ottoman I was drinking my first cup of coffee when I noticed several wild turkey in my back yard.  Perfect specimens of male and females, like they were pictures in a book, gobbling and eating birdseed that had fallen to the ground from the bird feeders. 

I looked in my side yard and saw a family of deer grazing on grass and walking cautiously, yet so graceful.

I picked up my Bible and began to read the book of Hebrews and this scripture caught my attention.  "He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature and upholds all things by the word of His power."  Wow! 

As I thought about how beautiful our world is, I couldn't help but think random thoughts of some of my favorite things: the white sand, blue ocean, green trees; the beauty and fragrance of flowers, the coolness of the wind and the warmth of the sun; the twinkling stars, fluffy clouds, the majesty of the mountains...I could go on and on.

There are so many things I love and so much beauty in our world!  As I read this passage I couldn't help but think how God created all of this for us to enjoy.  What a good God to even be mindful of us, much less create such a beautiful place for us to live our life on earth.  Creation resembles it's creator!  God must have some kind of an imagination to dream up all of this, then speak it into existence. 

Glory and honor and majesty be unto you, O Lord!

I hope you enjoy your day and are reminded of the beauty that is all around you. In the midst of your circumstances, God's beauty is screaming out to us every where we look saying, HE IS ALIVE AND HE CARES FOR ME!

Daily Prayer Focus: Praise God for His beauty all around you!

On The Go Prayer Focus: The Interns who faithfully come to On The Go each year to work for Christ and learn how to do ministry that matters for the kingdom of God.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for APRIL 28, 2018
Brought to you each day by On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2014, 2018 On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.