Sunday, September 9, 2018

The Question

The Question by Joan Cook

"...and they shall become one flesh." Genesis 2:24

I'll never forget that moment! The year was 1979 and I was on a mission trip in Montana. We had come to the town of Hamilton to hold revival services, Backyard Bible Clubs, and Vacation Bible Schools in May of the same year. It was August now and we were back in Hamilton for a Fall Revival at a local church where my boyfriend had stayed over the summer to be their pastor.

How excited I was to see Keith again after being away from him for three months. One night before the group and I were to leave to go home, Keith took me for a ride to an area we called, "the quiet place".

We were sitting overlooking a stream with a beautiful waterfall under the majestic Montana sky peppered with stars. As we sat and talked, Keith finally said, "I need to ask you a question." My heart was pounding as I was anticipating what I hoped would be "the question". Keith then said, "I love you with all my heart and I know that you are the one and only woman God has for me. I want to spend the rest of my life with you serving the Lord together. "Will you marry me?" After I regained my composure, I gave him a wholehearted "YES!"

Now over thirty years later, Keith and I are more in love than we've ever been and still serving the Lord together. We made a commitment many years ago that neither of us ever intend on breaking. God has been gracious and faithful to us over the years as we try to look to Him for everything. We could never make our marriage work on our own, but with Christ at the center of our relationship, it has been the easiest question I have ever answered yes to.

Oh the endless joys of going through life with other ones God has for you. Keith and I are best friends still today and we thank God daily for our relationship to each other and to Him!

The devil would love for us to settle for second best in our lives, especially when it concerns our future mates. Remember, the Lord has a wonderful plan for your life. If you're in a relationship that is not Godly or one in which you know is not according to God's plan, get out! Don't settle for less than what God has for you. Don't settle for less than whom God has for you! You'll never regret it!

Daily Prayer Focus: Pray for the wisdom you will need this week to represent Christ to all your friends and for open doors to minister.

On The Go Prayer Focus: The "On The Go Daily" 2 Minute Radio & Podcast Program. This is a daily program airing across the United States, and World via the internet and radio stations. "On The Go Daily" is used to encourage, challenge, and motivate Christians in their daily walk. Pray for Keith, Joan, the On The Go Staff, and special guests as they share on these 2 minute broadcasts. You can hear these programs via our website if it is not available in your area.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for September 9, 2018
Brought to you each day by On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2002, 2018 On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.