Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Opportunities

Opportunities by Joan Cook

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God." 2 Timothy 1:7, 8

While at the mall recently, I came across a nail salon, so I decided to go in and have my nails done. When I walked into the salon I quickly noticed it was an Asian establishment. I knew that my nails would look great when they were finished, as most Asians who do manicures and pedicures are wonderful. I sat down to get started and noticed a small gold Buddha. I could not help but ask about it. I was then informed that my attendant, Tina, was a Buddhist. She began to tell me all about Buddha and her "religion". I sat quietly and attentively as she talked for the next 15 minutes about her god.

When she was through, I began to tell her about my faith. I used the On The Go method of witnessing by talking about the ordinary (her job, homeland, etc...), sharing my testimony, and presenting the Gospel. I told her of my personal relationship with Jesus Christ and how I came to know Him as my Lord and Savior.

She responded by saying, "Well, you know Christianity and Buddhism are a lot alike. They are both wonderful religions." I then told her that Jesus Christ is the one true God. And there is no other God besides Him. She did not respond but quickly changed the subject. I did not feel the urge to push Tina, so I told her I would be praying for her.

I pray that another Christian will water the seed that was planted that day. Could that someone be you?

Personal Prayer Focus: Lord, I pray I will always be willing to water or plant the seed of You in someone's life.

On The Go Prayer Focus: On The Go's GoCare ministry. This is our acts of kindness and benevolence ministry department. The focus of our GoCare ministry is to reach out to physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of hurting individuals and to build bridges between churches and their communities.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for June 4, 2019
Brought to you each day by On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2003, 2019 On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.