Monday, October 15, 2012

GOD WANTS YOU

GOD WANTS YOU by Keith Cook

You can make a difference

"As my Father hath sent me," Jesus said, "even so send I you." John 20:21

You will make a difference and you will see results if you are a God called evangelist and you go at God's time.

My first evangelistic trip to India was very remarkable. I had prayed one night that God would lead me to our next project overseas and India kept coming to my mind. Within days an invitation was received. A local pastor confirmed to us that he too had heard God calling him to covenant with us about the trip.

We believed we had a word from God to go to India. We believed we were prepared to go spiritually, and we had a desire to go. We knew that the need to go was obvious and all we lacked was the finances to go.

We kept on trusting in God for our resources right up until there was only two weeks left before we were to go. My assistant informed me that God had told him to stay at home. One man asked me how I was going to go to India. I told him God would send me. He had told me I would not go because I had no money and needed to stay home and work for a living and earn an honest wage for an honest days work.

When my assistant told me that he was not going I knew this was God's will because there was really nothing for him to do except travel with me.

But when the man told me I would not go because I was trusting God to provide and not working for the money, something very spiritual happened. God spoke to my heart and said "I have called you and this is My timing. I know you have no money and I know you have no way to get any. Trust Me and don't send out any requests for help."

When God told me that, I stopped trying to raise any more funds. I went into a trust mode. Within days I received all the needed funds for my airfare, lodging, food, and crusade expenses from an anonymous donor. Never had that happened before and never has it happened since, but it was God's time for me to go and for Him to show His glory in my situation.

On that Crusade I saw more decisions than any meeting I had ever had. I also personally grew more in love with Christ because I was alone with God. His time is never late or early but always at the appointed time.

Daily Prayer Focus: Pray that you will make a difference this week GOing at God's time.

On The Go Prayer Focus: On The Go's Performing Arts Team. Pray for our team as we minister through drama, puppets, interpretive dance, and music. Our Performing Arts Teams are made up of volunteers and On The Go staffers who travel around the USA to local churches and events sharing the Good News.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for October 15, 2012
Brought to you each day by On The Go / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2002, 2012  On The Go / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

 On The Go / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.