Saturday, October 20, 2012

Vison

Vision by Laurie McTier

"And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them. And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. " 2 Kings 6:16,17


News Event: Nigeria Festival Team - October 17-25, 2012.  Pray for Keith Cook and each of the team that God will continue to minister through them in great and mighty ways.  Pray for the Etche Crusade which runs through Sunday, October 21, 2012.

When individuals set out to make goals, they have a vision of how the goal will be accomplished. They commit to do whatever it costs, in order to see the desired outcome. There are several reasons for this. I guess the main reason is that we don't want to be embarrassed if things don't go the way we had hoped.

Recently, I set a goal to exercise every morning. I had planned to fulfill this goal by alternating my schedule by walking and by riding my bicycle early in the mornings. This called for some sacrifices on my part so that the goal would be met. I could no longer sleep as late as I wanted, I had to make a conscious effort to get up early so that I could go walking or riding without being late for work.

One morning I rode my bicycle unprepared...I did not have a helmet on or my glasses. I was riding down Memorial Boulevard in Springfield TN when a big truck passed. The truck was going about 45 mph, and as he passed there was a lot of dirt that was stirred up. Some of the dirt lodged in my right eye. As a nurse I could remember two things from all the books that I had read. Never rub your eye to get foreign objects out and protect the affected eye by closing it until you can get to a doctor. I rode for over a mile to my home with one eye open and my hand over the injured eye. By this time my eye was really hurting and I could not open my eye without a lot of pain. My vision was blurred because of the object that was in my eye.

Two hours after the injury, I went to the optometrist who quickly placed dye in my eye and retrieved the "little speck" of dirt that I had not been able to get out on my own. After the optometrist removed the object from my eye, I had a new vision...I could see again. I set out to work on my goals the next morning, but now with some preparation.

How is your vision? Are you setting out today to see the world through your eyes or through God's eyes? On my first mission trip with On The Go to Brazil God impressed me to ask for His vision for the city and for the needs of the students that we would be ministering to on that project. I also began to pray for each of our team members and for the missionaries that each of us would receive God's vision for the lost. Proverbs 29:18 reads,"Where there is no vision, the people perish. "

Daily Prayer Focus: Pray that God will give you a vision of what you can do to make a difference for the kingdom of God this week.

On The Go Prayer Focus: Nigeria Fesival Team as they prepare for the Etche Crusade scheduled Friday through Sunday. The team will be leading an Area-Wide Evangelism Conference with local pastors and church leaders on Monday through Wednesday. Pray that God will continue to raise up godly men and women to reach their nation for Christ.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for October 20, 2012
Brought to you each day by On The Go / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2003, 2012 On The Go / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.