Monday, June 10, 2013

Boldly Proclaiming Jesus

Boldly Proclaiming Jesus by Keith Cook

"Boldly and without hindrance he preached the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ." Acts 28:31

What makes a person bold? Does Christ want only Superman and Wonder Woman type Christians to follow Him into battle against Satan?

True boldness is "Holy Boldness". Holy Boldness comes when one is trusting in Christ for strength.

When I stand up in the streets to preach, I must admit, each time I am just a little bit afraid. I wonder if I will preach the right thing. I fear that someone might try to stop me from preaching, and the list can go on and on. I have a choice to make at that moment. Do I let my fear and natural inferiority complex take over, or do I rely on God's call on my life and His promise to be with me as I serve Him?

Boldness is not automatic or continual. As I face a new situation I must call on Christ for guidance. He always gives me the right words to say, He shows me what to do and He blesses as I step out in faith and trust in Him.

He will do the same thing for you. It may take "baby steps" or you may go out with "fear and trembling," but you will be riding the waves of God's perfect will for your life out in the deep water.

It sure is fun to be out there with God. Few people are willing to go.

The Bible says not to worry, just be ready. "Having done all you can do to Stand, Stand!"

1. What are some areas that often cause you to be afraid when you think about serving God?

2. What do you plan to do the next time fear tries to rob you of your power and opportunity to serve God?

3. If you had all the power you needed to do anything for God what would you do or attempt? Why? Why NOT?

Personal Prayer Focus: Pray for Holy Boldness. Pray that you will be all that you can be for Jesus Christ.

On The Go Prayer Focus: Nigeria GoTeam as they minister in churches, training seminars, schools, and communities.  Pray for open doors for the team members to share Christ and for Divine Appointments that many will come to know Jesus as Lord and Savior.  Pray for Boldness for each Pastor, Evangelist, and Leader who attends the Leadership Seminars this week.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for June 10, 2013
Brought to you each day by On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2004, 2013 On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.