Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pileated Woodpecker

Pileated Woodpecker by Keith Cook

"And God said, "Let the waters bring forth swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the firmament of the heavens." Genesis 1:20

Recently I have been enjoying watching all the different birds that inhabit my yard. Several months ago I came home and as I was pulling into my driveway there was the most beautiful bird sitting in my parking space. It had a beautiful red head and pointed head. I had never seen such a majestic looking bird in my yard.

I sat there waiting for it to fly away and eventually it did. I was actually sad to see it fly away. Upon getting inside my house I got on the internet and looked up birds and quickly found out that my new acquaintance was in fact a Pileated Woodpecker.  I found out that they seldom are seen and that they rarely are out in the open like this one was on this particular day.

My mind started racing as I thought about the bird and how fantastic it was that I had one in my yard. I went outside and walked around my yard looking to see what other wild birds I could see. As I walked around my yard I started noticing all different kinds of birds. There were Robins, Cardinals, and many other beautiful birds. It was so fun trying to spot and identify all the different kinds of birds that were flying around my back yard.

In our everyday life as a Christian many of us live the same way. We drive home, work, play, live life and never see all that is around us. We miss the spiritual birds that God has all around us. Many of us never see all the blessing of God, His provisions, His Care. We fail to see His warnings or head His signs.

Many times we also fail to see the needs around us and we miss wonderful opportunities, that God has given us, to share our faith with individuals He has strategically and divinely placed in our path. Just like I did not see the birds that were in my yard, we fail to see these spiritual birds that are flying all around us.

Why not take the time to look at the birds in your yard and also time the time to look around and see all God has given you and all that He is showing you. Now is the time to walk, talk, sing, and shout about the goodness of Christ.

Personal Prayer Focus: Take time today to Praise God for the blessings He has given you and the lessons He is showing you. "Be Still and Know that I am God."

On The Go Prayer Focus: The follow-up of inquirers who come publicly and make decisions for Christ, write in for materials to grow in Christ, or who visit our website looking for help in following Christ. Pray for local believers, churches, parents, and friends who all will be used of God to nurture each and every one to maturity in Christ.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for June 22, 2013
Brought to you each day by On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2007, 2013  On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.