Sunday, August 25, 2013

Midnight Caller

Midnight Caller by Laurie McTier

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

Recently, I was getting ready for bed when all of sudden, outside, I heard brakes squealing and metal. I looked out of my bedroom window to see a dark car crashing into our fence, right next to my bedroom. I ran outside to make sure the driver was okay while calling Metro Police.  But, before I could get outside, the driver sped away. Immediately, two neighbors came down to check to make sure that everyone was okay. My husband was out of town, so I was grateful for their help. They had seen the whole thing and agreed to be witnesses for the police report.

While accessing the damage of the fence, I noticed the license plate from the speeding car was right at the edge of the fence. Ten minutes later a young man walked into the yard. I thought he was coming to check on me, but he had another agenda. He came to grab the license plate! I tried to tell him that it was evidence and that the police were on the way. But that did not stop him. He knelt down, picked up the plate, and walked up the street. When the police arrived, we filled out a report, and then I gave him the address of the young man who came to get the plate.

Many emotions were running through my mind. My thoughts were racing through the incident and I was angry and upset.  Immediately, God began to show me that He had protected my family and my home.  The fence had served as a barrier so that the car had not hit my house and possibly injured me! God also reminded me of the following scripture..."Perfect Peace has he whose mind is stayed on Thee." (Isaiah 26:3)

As I began to share the incident with my husband, God reminded me that sometimes we get just a glimpse of how His protective hand is at work. He guides our every step, He protects His children from danger, and He provides for our every need. What a blessing to be called a Child of God!

Prayer Focus: Praise God for His WatchCare and Protection!

On The Go Prayer Focus: Joan Cook's "Women On The Go" Ministries. Joan's "Women On The Go" programs are implemented at women's conferences, local churches, retreats, and separate stand-alone events. God has given her a burden to minister to and encourage women in their walk with the Lord.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for August 25, 2013
Brought to you each day by On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2010, 2013  On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.