Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Follow Christ's Example

Follow Christ's Example By Carey Smith

"Then little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked those who brought them. Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.' When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there." Matthew 19:13-15

For those of you who know me, you know that I enjoy playing with children. At times it is hard to keep up with their energy, as many parents will testify, but nothing compares to their giggles as they tackle me, or their laughter as I chase them.

I grew up as the individual that everyone teased, picked on, and made fun of. For years, the only people I believed actually liked me were my parents. As I got a little older, I began to hear about Jesus who scolded His adult disciples for not allowing the children to come to Him. He would use children as the example to His disciples when they asked Him how they should live and behave.

For years, I knew that my mom, my dad, and Jesus loved me. Their love got me through many tough years, and even though I knew they loved me, it would have been great if another person had showed me that kind of love.

That is why today, as an adult, I try to let every child know that they are important to me. I want them to feel that I love them, care for them, and have fun playing with them. I want them to know that even if they feel that no one else cares for them, I do. And why do I love them, because Jesus does.

Do you want to be like Jesus? Love the children. Love them by being a listening ear, a jungle gym, and yes, even a diaper changer. Who knows, there may be one child who feels lost and alone, but your smile and compassion can change that.

Personal Prayer Focus: Pray today that your life and ministry can make a difference in the life of a child.

On The Go Prayer Focus: Jamaica GoTeam Project. This week, Keith and Joan and the  Jamaica Team will be ministering around Jamaica! Today they will be serving in two different churches. Pray for Keith as he preaches the Word that God will give him discernment, sensitivity, power, and boldness to preach the Gospel. Pray for the team as they minister by sharing their testimonies, music, drama, and more.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for June 15, 2014
Brought to you each day by On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2003, 2014 On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.