Sunday, June 15, 2014

From a Father's Heart

From a Father's Heart by Keith Cook

"As water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflects the man." Proverbs 27:19

A father knows what is in the heart of his children just like Jesus knows what is in the heart of each of us. When you live with someone and you actually take the time to listen and experience that person. You can really pickup on their heart and dreams.

Growing up with my son, I have noticed a few things about him and about me.

He listens to me
He likes me
He wants protection and wisdom from me
He wants to please me
He wants to be free to do more than me

He wants friends to be real friends
He wants to have fun
He wants to be successful in life
He wants to find a Godly wife one day
He wants to devotionally meet God each day
He wants to serve God with his life

How do I know these things? I am his dad! He is my son. I am in his life. He is in my life.

God knows you. He knows your dreams and desires. He knows what you want and need. He is there with you each step of the way. He is saying to the angels..."Look at my son/daughter!"

As an international evangelist, often times I had the privilege and opportunity to minister with my son. I am so proud of him. He has the Lord Jesus Christ in every area of his life. As he ministers through the word and in song, he does so with such conviction and understanding. He has the compassion of Christ as well as the determination to do ministry right. Keith, I love being your dad.

Personal Prayer Focus: Pray for all of our sons and daughters and our relationships with them. (You can pray for moms and dads too!)

On The Go Prayer Focus: Jamaica GoTeam Project. This week, Keith and Joan and the  Jamaica Team will be ministering around Jamaica! Today they will be serving in two different churches. Pray for Keith as he preaches the Word that God will give him discernment, sensitivity, power, and boldness to preach the Gospel. Pray for the team as they minister by sharing their testimonies, music, drama, and more.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for June 15, 2014
Brought to you each day by On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2002, 2014 On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.