"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32
1. It goes where you cannot always go; to their home, their job, to their friends, when their attention span will be greater. You may not be able to preach at school, at the local bar, or at a sporting event, but you can give away free gospel literature!
2. In closed countries and in countries where Christianity is in a minority, it is safer and less confrontational. People who would never stop and listen to you share about Jesus would take your literature and read it in private. This helps calm their fears and gives them an element of comfort.
3. It is very cost effective. One person with 10,000 tracts can usually pass them out in one weekend and reach at least 10% of the people who receive the piece. In proclamation and event evangelism it is not always practical to reach every person, so literature fills the gap.
4. People are very curious and want to study and understand new things.
5. Everyone likes free gifts. People will usually line up or even mob you to get the "free" gift.
6. Literature is non-threatening. Some cultures and peoples' personalities do not respond to confrontational evangelism. Some people are shy or scared to talk about their feelings but will listen if God speaks to their heart. The Spirit still supernaturally calls people.
7. Literature evangelism is considered friendly and often leads to discussion on a one on one basis.
8. Using gospel literature means never being sidetracked by rain, snow, and electricity. When you are gone the work lives on.
9. It crosses cultural and language barriers with truths that can be misunderstood when spoken.
10. If the address of local believers or churches is located on the piece it often leads to contact and further discussion for future follow-up.
Oswald J. Smith, former pastor of the Peoples Church in Toronto, Canada, once said, "After a lifetime of study and visiting more than 60 countries, I am convinced that the only hope for the fulfillment of the Great Commission is the systematic distribution of the printed Gospel."
One very effective way of "going into all the world," is to use gospel tracts, booklets, Bible portions, and leaflets to present a clear message to individuals.
You have been shown an open door; walk out into a needy world and share. You can make a difference, one person at a time. It will be very exciting and very rewarding. You will meet interesting people with wild and challenging questions. This type of ministry will drive you to your knees and force you to search the scriptures yourself.
Daily Prayer Focus: Begin to ask God for a plan of action for using literature in your daily life to share your faith.
On The Go Prayer Focus: Praise God for each individual who has made a decision for Christ during our Myanmar Festival and Local Outreach Events! Join us in praying for our new Brothers and Sisters in Christ that they will grow in their faith and become an active part of a local church. Also, pray for Keith Cook and White Ribbon Day as they minister in area churches in Mandalay this morning and wrap up the final night of the Mandalay Festival!
Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to email@example.com.
On The Go Daily Devotional for November 6, 2016
Brought to you each day by On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Copyright (c) 2003, 2016 On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.
On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, firstname.lastname@example.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: email@example.com
Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .
After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.