Thursday, January 11, 2018

Don't Rob God

Don't Rob God by Laurie McTier

"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." Malachi 3:10 (KJV)

The beginning of each New Year gives us an opportunity to reflect on the past and make projections and goals that we would like to see achieved within the next 365 days. As I sat down and made my own New Year's resolutions, God brought something to my attention. How many times do I withhold my talents and gifts, tithes, and sometimes even my own schedule from God.

The time I had set aside to make goals now became a time of confession and renewal as I realized I had robbed God of things that belonged to him. As I had my quiet time this afternoon, I made a new commitment to be available to God, and not to rob Him by withholding things from Him.

This year, God wants to bless you. He wants to guide every step and every decision that you make. He wants to use you to make an impact for His Kingdom and His Glory. If we withhold things from Him, He can not pour out His blessings and power in our life as He desires to. If we hold back, we are limiting God.

You may be thinking, "I would never rob God." The truth is, each of us have been guilty and when we are, we probably don't even realize we are doing it.

"Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings." Malachi 3:18

God deserves our first fruit. As we give to God, He will in return bless us more abundantly. I think that each of us could stand to take Malachi 3:10 and accept it as a challenge for this new year. Bring God everything you have. Entrust Him with the things that are most precious to you, and as you yield them to God for His service, He will pour out a blessing, much more than we could ever imagine.

Daily Prayer Focus: Lord, help me today to entrust you with everything. I yield all that I have to you.

On The Go Prayer Focus: On The Go's Neighborhood Outreach Program. In reality, very little is being done to reach people in many communities across the USA. On The Go is striving to train local Christians and help them develop programs that can systematically and permanently reach real needs in their neighborhoods.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for January 11, 2018
Brought to you each day by On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2003, 2018 On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.