Sunday, January 7, 2018

Stingray City

Stingray City by Keith Cook

"Beware of the Devil"  "He sneaks around...looking for those he can devour."  I Peter 5:8

Recently I was in the Grand Caymans scuba diving in just 12 feet of water. I am use to diving down to 100 feet and beyond, so the dive should have been safe and worry free.

The setting was beautiful. I knew the dive was going to be very exciting because I was with 39 of my friends and we were going to be surrounded by stingrays. Stingrays are wonderful sea creatures. While they have a fierce reputation, experienced divers can navigate quite safely underwater with them.

On the dive boat just before the dive the Dive Master gave us detailed instructions about diving with the stingrays. He said, "Be careful when feeding them." "Feed the rays but watch for smaller fish that may come in and try to steal the food."

When I finally could jump in the water I landed on top of a 10 foot Eel. I quickly said hello and put as much distance between it and myself as possible.

Once I was on the bottom of the ocean I was able to feed the stingrays. I was so excited. They were all around me. I was caught up in the moment. There was one stingray feeding out of my hand, one gliding under my feet and one at each side of me. It was scuba diving heaven.

Then out of nowhere a small Snapper Fish swam in and stole the food I had for the stingrays. It happened so fast. I was amazed. The fish actually bit my hand in order to get me to drop the bait and then snapped up the food.

In a spiritual sense this is just like the Devil, who hits us hard in one area of our lives in order to get us to drop our guard and then he sneaks into another area of our lives almost unnoticed. He then waits and looks for another opportunity to rob us of our joy or steal a blessing from us.

Daily Prayer Focus: Put on the Armor of God and pray that you will be aware of Satan's tricks. Pray that you will stand firmly in Christ.

On The Go Prayer Focus: On The GoAudio Podcasts and Radio Ministries. Currently we are producing various programs which go over the internet and international airwaves. Pray that God will continue to bless the On The GoAudio Podcasts and that He will expand the listening base. Visit OnTheGo.org to hear past broadcasts.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for January 7, 2018
Brought to you each day by On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2003, 2018 On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.