Saturday, October 12, 2019

Being Scared

Being Scared by Keith Cook

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand." John 10:27, 28

In America, in the fall season, many people will go to haunted houses and let people jump out at them and try to scare them. We have haunted woods, haunted houses, haunted warehouses and on and on. They are not real. They are fake.

We also have scores of movies and books all written and produced to scare us and shock us with gross and unimaginable horrors.

As a little boy I can remember watching a scary movie and not being able to sleep that night. My mother told me that I should never watch another scary movie again. She was right. I have too vivid of an imagination to let it run wild on evil and horrible things.

In my life I have learned many things about what scares me and what does not. Being alone, in the dark, in a cemetery, or even a church, is way up on my list of places that scare me. Isn't that amazing. I am a grown adult but being in the dark at a church or cemetery still gives me chills.

Why? One is a place of death and one is a place of life, yet the darkness puts them both in the same category to my senses. The absence of light produces fear and unnatural imaginations.

What about you? Are you letting your mind run wild on the wrong things?

You may avoid horror stories but are you letting the Devil interpret your life for you?

You may run from scary movies but are you watching your life unfold from the Devil's projection booth.

Don't listen to him. Don't let him scare you. What he says about you are lies.  He wants to bring you down and defeat you. Don't let him.

Let the light of God's Word bring clarity and peace to your life. Turn the light up and let God shine on all your situations. Do not let anything scare you. Do not let anything keep you from the work of God in your life. Do not be scared away from doing the work God has for you to do.

Resist the Devil and he will flee from you.

Daily Prayer Focus: Pray for God to use you in this season of high interest in the supernatural. Use every opportunity to speak for Him and promote righteousness! Do not be scared of the Devil. Greater is He that is in you!

On The Go Prayer Focus: The physical, spiritual, emotional, and financial needs of people hurting all over the United States and Worldwide. As God gives us opportunity in times of crisis we need to rapidly move to help.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for October 12, 2019
Brought to you each day by On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2003, 2019 On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.