Monday, August 15, 2016

Always Ready to Give An Answer

Always Ready to Give An Answer by Keith Cook

"We are a fragrance of Christ." 2 Corinthians 2:15

Even in the middle of your pain Jesus can use you. The past few days devotions have been about some of the things my wife and I have learned through our automobile accident a few years ago. Again I must stress that Joan and I have fully recovered, yet there were so many lessons we gathered from the events that we must continue to share the truths God shared with us.

One night about a week after our car accident, while I was still trying to recover, my wife looked at the wound on my head and said, "your head does not look very good. The wound is bigger than it should be and I think there may be something wrong." We rushed back to the emergency room where we found out that the blood was seeping from the wound and was causing a bubble of blood to form on my head. I had to have the wound drained and re-stitched. An emergency room nurse soon came into my room and began working on the area. The Lord spoke to me in a gentle voice and said, "Keith, I want you to talk to this lady about Me."

I began to witness to her as she was taking care of me. In the middle of this painful situation, this lady's whole demeanor changed. The Lord let us spend about an hour together where I was able to share with her and she was able to share with me about her spiritual life. She told me, "Normally I would not want to talk like this. I would just come in and do my job real quick, but for some reason tonight God is making this thing go so slow. I guess so we can talk about some things that are really important in my life."

Wow! What a blessing this visit to the hospital turned out to be for me. In the midst of my physical pain, the Lord wanted me to share with someone who was hurting spiritually. Remember, God can use you in the midst of your pain!

Daily Prayer Focus: Pray that the Lord will show you someone who may be hurting spiritually and use you to touch their life.

On The Go Prayer Focus: On The Go's Performing Arts Team. Pray for our team as we minister through drama, puppets, interpretive dance, and music. Our Performing Arts Teams are made up of volunteers and On The Go staffers who travel around the USA to local churches and events sharing the Good News.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for August 15, 2016
Brought to you each day by On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2002, 2016 On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.