Tuesday, August 16, 2016

More For Him

More For Him by Keith Cook

"Let us not grow weary in doing good..." Galatians 6:9

In today's devotion, I would like to continue sharing a little bit about the story of how my wife and I were in a car accident several years ago. First of all let me say that my wife and I have completely recovered. God has taught us so many wonderful lessons through all of the events that I would like to share some of them with you.

I will never forget the thought that ran through my mind when I was pulled out of the vehicle after our accident. As I regained consciousness, a man was beating on the window of the car saying, "I have got to get you out! I have got to get you out! The car is going to blow up and is on fire!" As they are pulling me out and are laying me on the road, I asked my wife how my injuries looked. She looked at me and said, "I think it looks pretty bad."

I can remember saying, "Honey I want you to know that I love you and I love our son." In my mind I remember thinking, "Jesus, I love my wife, but I really wish I had more time to do things for You." The same thoughts came going through my mind as I sat on the road waiting for the ambulance, "I love my wife and I want to do more for God, I love my wife and I want to do more for God."

When it boils down to the final seconds of your life, there are many things that you will love and there are many things that you will regret. I love my wife! I love my son! I love my family! I love my country! But, I still want to do more for God. I know you do too!

Daily Prayer Focus: Ask the Lord how you might serve Him today and do all you can do for God!

On The Go Prayer Focus: On The Go's USA Outreach Effort. God has placed a United States effort on the heart and mind of the On The Go Team. Three key objectives are sharing, praying, and training in every county in the USA using On The Go Advance Teams, Training Teams, Planning Teams, Prayer Teams, GoTeams, and Outreach Efforts.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for August 16, 2016
Brought to you each day by On The Go / Keith Cook

Copyright (c) 2002, 2016 On The Go / Keith Cook
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.