Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Be Confident

Be Confident by David Brandon

"For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

A number of years ago Keith and I were in Korea holding crusades. We saw God work in a mighty way, but as a young minister I had many questions and struggles. The most pressing was my uncertainty of whether or not I would make it in ministry.

On the way home there was a lay over in Tokyo, Japan. While there I took a walk to pray and read the Bible. My spirit was burdened deeply about the uncertainty of my future. My new testament opened to Philippians 1:6.

It was as if the words leaped off the page and into my heart. I was flooded with joy and a new confidence that what God had started in my live He would finish.

Over the years when I struggle with a new problem I recall today's scripture, then I am able to move forward with confidence that God would keep His word and see me through whatever came my way.

Confidence comes from standing on God's word and putting full trust in His faithfulness to do the work, His work, in me.

God is doing a great work in you! Be confident He's with you. He'll do it.

Daily Prayer Focus: Pray for confidence!

On The Go Prayer Focus: All the local churches, committees, and leaders who will be working with On The Go Ministries and the Keith Cook Team in creative outreach efforts in the United States and around the world.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for August 31, 2016
Brought to you each day by On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2007, 2016 On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.