Sunday, May 14, 2017

A Tribute to My Mother

A Tribute to My Mother by Keith Cook Jr.

"This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success." Joshua 1:8

Praise God for godly mothers! When I think of my mom, Joan Cook, I think of a woman who has such a heart for God and wants to honor Him in every way! My mother is certainly a vivid picture of the Proverbs 31 woman.

"Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her. Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all. Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised." Proverbs 31:28-30

Throughout my life, my mother has sought to be a godly woman and tend to every need in our home. Often times she was up long into the night and early in the morning to make sure that my dad and I had all that we needed.

One attribute that I have always admired in my mother is that she follows the example of Christ and many of the prophets who sought after God with all their heart. Christ would arise early and seclude Himself from the crowd so that He could spend quality time with His Father. These times brought Him strength, hope, and encouragement. Throughout my life, my mother has set an example for my dad and I in that she begins each day in the Word and in prayer.

Before my mother does anything else, she seeks to spend time with the Lord. This has served to build discipline in my life to spend time with God as well. My mother is also a teacher. She often shares with us the truths and lessons that God reveals to her during her personal time with God. I look forward to these moments and have grown to cherish them.

I can remember as a young boy and now that I am older as I arise in the morning to begin my day, I always know exactly where my mom can be found. It is in the dining room on the sofa nested in God's Word. I know that my mother has spent hours praying for my dad and I. We will never know the full impact that these prayers have had, for we can see just a glimpse of what God is doing!

Thank you Mom for setting for me a godly example. I love you!

Personal Prayer Focus: Pray that God will allow you to set a godly example today for someone in your circle of influence.

On The Go Prayer Focus: Keith Cook's Hands-On-Training Events. This is our Outreach Training School on the road. Keith and the On The Go Team share all across the USA and Worldwide in fun and creative ways that people can serve Jesus and make an impact in this generation!

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for May 14, 2017
Brought to you each day by On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2004, 2017  On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.