Friday, June 29, 2018

Clean Out Your Car

Clean Out Your Car by Keith Cook, Jr.

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me." Psalms 51:10

A friend was about to hop in my car one day when I quickly began to clean things up. I grabbed a ton of stuff and began to throw it in the trunk. I would image this has happened to many of you, I hope not but if you're anything like me it is a common occurrence.  After the day was through I began to go through the things I put in the trunk. It was a group of many things from clothes and CD's to cleats and books. I would take a load from my trunk and walk it to my apartment and begin to put things where they belong. I began to clean out my car. Not just dropping a pile in the floor of my room but really putting it in its place when I brought it in. It wasn't fun and it took a lot of time but I liked the result. At the end of it all I had a clean car. I had a car that I could be proud of again. I no longer was embarrassed of the mess because there was no mess, no more junk.

Shortly after this particular incident I realized that my car symbolized my life before Christ. It was filled with junk, things I was not proud of but things I had done to myself. Instead of just asking for forgiveness I just put it in the trunk and forgot about it. However, God never forgot about it and He convicted me to clean my life out. But not just taking it out and putting it in a pile but really putting things in their place once and for all. The result was kind of the same as it was with the car. I could be happy and proud that through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross I had a clean life.

Is your car dirty? Now, let's get a little more personal, what about your life? If so don't go another minute without receiving the gift of freedom. It is freedom from the worry and guilt of sin. It may take some hard work in regards to settling that sin, but trust me it will be worth it. Allow yourself to take some time to see if trash has collected in your life, maybe it has been in the trunk for years. If so, call on Jesus to forgive you and turn from that sin. I once heard that admitting sin is not the same as quitting sin. You can admit it all day long but if you don't make a point to quit it will never go away. It is an indescribable feeling to have a clean life (and car). I hope you will take the time to reevaluate your commitment to Christ and examine your life based on the ten commandments. I believe we will all see that we have some cleaning to do.

Personal Prayer Focus: Pray that God will forgive you of known sins, give you a clean heart, and renew your spirit to serve Him wholeheartedly.

On The Go Prayer Focus: The Interns who faithfully come to On The Go each year to work for Christ and learn how to do ministry that matters for the kingdom of God.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for June 29, 2018
Brought to you each day by On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2003, 2018 On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.