Thursday, February 19, 2015

Danger Signs

Danger Signs by Laurie McTier

"For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come." 1 Timothy 4:8

In working with young people around the world, I have noticed many of them appear to be more physically fit and have much more energy than I do. A few years ago, I began to notice that on some of our mission projects I was getting sick, fatigued, and unable to finish some of my tasks. Was God placing danger signs in my path? It alarmed and concerned me.

God began to tug at my heart and I sensed He was saying, "Laurie, do you love me?"

My response was, "Yes, Lord, you know that I do."

Then He said, "Laurie, do you want to serve me?"

Again my heart's cry was, "Yes, Lord, you know that I do."

Then the Lord tenderly, lovingly showed me that He still had a plan and purpose for my life, but He needed my help in the area of discipline. He wanted me to give Him total control of every area of my life; not just my work time, not just my prayer time, but specifically in the areas of my finances, health, and social life. He wanted me to be wholly healthy in order to do all that I was commanded by Christ. God was about to set me free!

God led me on this specific area of my life as the Holy Spirit zeroed in on very real needs. He showed me that in order for me to continue to do God's work and travel across the globe, I needed to get in better shape physically, eat better, exercise more, and begin to work at building up my stamina.

Now, with God's help, I am beginning to see His plan in these areas of my life unfold. He has given me a nutrition plan and an exercise plan as well as the strength and endurance to work these plans out in my own life.

This is the day that the Lord has made, choose to run the race that He has for you, live in the center of His will, and complete the tasks that He has given to you today. To God be the glory, great things He has done!  I challenge you today to finish well. When God gives you a task, complete it wholeheartedly and seek to honor Him.

Daily Prayer Focus:  God, open our eyes to areas of our hearts that need to be brought back under your submission. We are your servants, and we want to honor You with all that You have given us.

On The Go Prayer Focus: The "On The Go Daily Internet Devotions". This devotional series is read by hundreds around the World via the internet. "On The Go Daily Internet Devotions" are used to encourage, challenge, and motivate Christians in their daily walk. Pray for Keith, Joan, the On The Go Staff, and special guests as they share daily through these devotional thoughts. You can subscribe to these daily devotions via our website if you are not already a subscriber.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for February 19, 2015
Brought to you each day by On The Go Ministries, Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2003, 2015 On The Go Ministries, Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries, Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
Founder/Director - Keith Cook, keithcook@onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this
"On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own
subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at
http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.