Sunday, February 8, 2015

Start Your Day

Start Your Day by Keith Cook

"But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper." Psalms 1:2, 3

My good friend and mentor, Leighton Ford, sent me an email recently that sent me to my knees in prayer. I had been rather busy and had neglected to spend real quality time with my Lord. Oh, I had said my usual "Lord Bless Me", "Lord Protect Me", "Lord Use Me" prayers but had not had much time for reflection and listening.

It is wise to be reminded by other's examples and emails that God is still waiting and longing to really speak with us. Leighton's email included the following prayer that I would like to share with you today.

A Prayer of St. Fursey

The arms of God be around my shoulders,

the touch of the Holy Spirit upon my head,

the sign of Christ's cross upon my forehead,

the sound of the Holy Spirit in my ears,

the fragrance of the Holy Spirit in my nostrils,

the vision of heaven's company in my eyes,

the conversation of heaven's company on my lips,

the work of God's church in my hands,

the service of God and the neighbor in my feet,

a home for God in my heart,

and to God, the father of all, my entire being.

Amen.


As you can see this prayer, while simple, is very appropriate for our everyday lives.

May you look to Christ to be all you need.

May you trust in Him to work on your behalf.

May you start and end your day with hope and joy because you have been with Him!

Daily Prayer Focus: Pray that God will enable you to relax and listen for His still small voice.

On The Go Prayer Focus:  Continue to pray for our India Festival and GoTeam. Praise God for each individual decision for Christ. Pray for our new brothers and sisters in Christ as they seek to know the Lord in a deeper way. Pray for their spiritual growth and they will become involved in a local Christian church.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for February 8, 2015
Brought to you each day by On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2004, 2015 On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.