Monday, February 9, 2015

Tree of Promise

Tree of Promise by Laurie McTier

"Be still and know that I Am God." Psalms 46:10

Recently, I walked into a gift shop to purchase a gift for someone else. Unknowingly, God had a different reason for me to be there. As I walked into the store, something caught my eye...there was a display with various ornaments which had been marked down for clearance. As I looked at them, God began to give me a vision of a tree with each of these ornaments hanging on the tree. As I shared this with the sales clerk, she immediately knew which tree I was to purchase...it had been set aside at the back of the store, discarded because no one had purchased it.

Of course, I walked out of the store with my new tree and seven ornaments, each containing a promise for us to claim as we begin each day dedicating it to the Lord. Today, I would like to share these promises with you, and I hope that they are a blessing to you as they have been to me. 

1 .Blessed. Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God. (Matthew 5:8)  Praise God today for His blessings and ask Him to uncover sin in your life so that you can be pure in His eyes.

2  Believe. All things are possible for those who believe. (Mark 9:23) I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)

3. Rejoice. Choose to rejoice. This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalms 118:24)

4. Hope. My hope is in the Lord. Those who hope in the Lord shall renew their strength... (Isaiah 40:31)

5. Love. Love one another. (John 13:55) Our lives should radiate the love of God through us and draw others to Him.

6. Shine. Let your light shine before men. (Matthew 5:14-16)

7. Peace. Peace that only Christ can give; don't let your heart be troubled! (John 14:27)

God reminded me that afternoon, that sometimes He wants us to slow down so that we can hear His still small voice as He reveals His truths to us. As I came home I put the tree in a prominent location. I began to place the ornaments, and again God stopped me. I had to get some paper to once again right down truths He began to show me about the ornaments and the promises He had revealed.

I challenge you today to take time to thank God for His promises for each of us as we are blessed, believe, rejoice, hope, love, shine, and experience peace.

Daily Prayer: Pray that God will give you promises and characteristics you can claim and personalize today. Choose to praise Him for His promises!

On The Go Prayer Focus: The "On The Go Daily" 2 Minute Radio & Podcast Program. This is a daily program airing across the United States, and World via the internet and radio stations. "On The Go Daily" is used to encourage, challenge, and motivate Christians in their daily walk. Pray for Keith, Joan, the On The Go Staff, and special guests as they share on these 2 minute broadcasts. You can hear these programs via our website if it is not available in your area.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotion for February 9, 2015
Brought to you each day by On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2008, 2015 On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.