Monday, December 3, 2018

Mom's Example

Mom's Example by Joan Cook

"Thy word have I hid in my heart that I may not sin against thee" Psalms 119:11

I love to memorize scripture! Unfortunately, I haven't memorized very much at all. Quite a few years ago, when my son, Keith Jr. was about eight years old, I remember trying to memorize Ephesians 6 where it talks about the armor of God. I would quote these verses over and over trying to remember them. During the week, Keith and I were at a camp speaking to young people, and during the invitation, I remember a teenage boy coming to the altar. As I moved forward to counsel with him, he told me of the difficulty he had been having saying no to peer pressure.

Before I could say a word, my eight year old son had slipped in the middle of our conversation and now had his hand on the teenager's back. He quickly said, "You have to put on the full armor of God so that you can stand against the schemes of the devil. our struggle is not against flesh and blood." I was amazed! Keith Jr. had been listening to me and had learned the scripture by hearing me quote it over and over again.

Our children want to be like Mom and Dad. They listen to everything we say and watch everything we do. What kind of an example are you setting for your children? No matter if they are eight or eighteen...they are watching you!  As they watch you, point the way to Jesus so they can see their heavenly Father!

Daily Prayer Focus: Pray that today you might be a godly example to your family, your peers, and everyone you encounter.

On The Go Prayer Focus: On The Go Ministry Supporters. It takes teamwork to make the dream work! Our ministry supporters have made commitments to play a vital part of our team through praying, sharing, caring, going, and growing.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

On The Go Daily Devotional for December 3, 2018
Brought to you each day by On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team

Copyright (c) 2003, 2018  On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries / Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.